Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Oh Olivia!

WOW! This month has just gotten away from me! Olivia is 14 months old and is such a funny little girl, there isn't a day when she doesn't make us laugh hysterically! Like right now, she is down the hall with her little push car toy just talking up a storm in "Livvy talk" we have no clue what she is saying but it sure sounds important haha!
We are house/dog sitting for our neighbors. Kevin and I usually go over at night to check on everything, feed the animals and try to get the dog outside. Well, the other night we put Livvy in her crib to play while we ran next door. I brought the monitor with me and left...no big deal, I do this if I need to take a shower, if I need to run outside really quick. It's just a safe place for her to play...or so I thought. I heard Livvy crying on the monitor but she stopped right after she started, didn't think anything of it. Then as we were walking back over I heard her screaming, like a panicked cry. I ran inside and her door was closed...I had left it open, I opened the door and there she was ON THE FLOOR! OMG! She had fallen/climbed out of her crib and on to the floor!!! She was panicking because she had closed the door and couldn't get out. Oh my! I was so scared but luckily she didn't hurt herself. We had to re-arrange her room because we are almost certain she climbed over the side of her crib, they are lower than the rest. I have spoken to several people about it and their comments were that we should put her in a toddler bed. My idea is that she is not ready for a toddler bed! She would be up all night playing with her toys, her shoes, her bows, diapers...everything! Neither one of us would get anysleep. Oh my! This weekend Kevin is going to work on something to put on the sides that will make it so she can't climb out that way. YIKES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment