Friday, April 9, 2010

First night in her crib

Well, last night was Olivia's first night in her crib. I think she decided for me that she was done being cooped up in her bassinet. She has never had a problem until she had to have her legs casted and she wasn't able to curl up like she likes so, the last few nights she has been kicking her legs up and down and side to side and it has been keeping me up! So, lastnight was it. I made the decision to put her in her big girl crib. I was fine for about the first hour then I went to check on her and I cried. It made me so sad to see my baby in her big girl bed :( She didn't wake up at all, which was very nice and I had her video monitor (yes I am THAT mom!) set up so I could see her when I felt like I needed to. It was nice. I don't think I slept all that well because I remember listening to her while I was sleeping but it will get better over time. I remember sleeping like that when she was first born now I sleep really well. This morning she woke up crying but that was just because she needed her paci and we were already up, Kevin was getting ready for work and I was getting ready for her Dr's appt, I think she may have heard us talking and woke up. But she didn't want to wake up this morning at all!! I am hoping it gets easier having her in her big girl bed. Such a big step for this Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment