Friday, March 4, 2011

Why didn't I think of that?!

I have been having a problem with Olivia's diapers being really stinky, even after they are washed and because of this she has been getting a bad rash. So I looked up how to strip diapers and I had tried pretty much everything that was said besides the Dawn dish soap trip. I finally got some blue Dawn and was prepared to start scrubbing but wasn't 100% on exactly how to strip the diapers, so I googled "how to strip cloth diapers" and a website came up that I hadn't seen yet. I clicked on it and was reading and it said to try just doing a few very hot washes with no detergent. I thought, what's the worst thing that can happen? The diapers are still smelly...what else is new? So today I did my normal wash and then threw in ALL of her diapers and the liners, I ran the hottest wash I could ran a warm wash twice and when I pulled them out I couldn't smell a thing! I had my nose all the way in the diapers and liner and nothing! Usually when I wash them and they stink I can smell them just by pulling them out of the wash I had my snout all the way in there and no smell! Now I ask you...WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?!?!?

2 comments:

  1. I never would have thought....I'll have to pass this along to my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: the picture question--I dont have any issues with them uploading, ever?!?! I have no idea why its taking so long for you!

    ReplyDelete