Thursday, March 31, 2011

First Sunshine, now this...

I just posted the last post that was from Saturday, it has been beautiful here! Yesterday it was 50 degrees...today...it snowed!! Granted we can see our driveway again but still! Why tease with the promising warmth and sunshine only to dump on us again?

I am praying for a warm summer. Last summer...yeah we set a record for the most days of consecutive rain fall...I think it was 38 or something like that. It sucked BIG time! I think we had a total of 7 days of temps over 70...BLAH! The summer before, when I was about 6 months pregnant, we set the record for the highest temps. OH MY! I was miserable!!! I was a huge, sweaty, cranky beast! We spent every weekend out camping and most days had to stay in the camper with the a/c running! We don't have a/c in our house and so my outlet was the camper. A few times we drug the dogs down to the river to cool off...they wanted nothing to do with getting in the water but I'm pretty sure they would have suffered a heat stroke because of it. This summer...bring on the heat! I am down about 25 lbs from last year and am (thankfully) not pregnant so I am ready for some warm Alaskan days!

Speaking of heat...My parents are taking my sister, her boyfriend, Kevin and I on a Mexican riveria cruise WITH OUT Olivia!!! Don't get me wrong, I am going to miss my girl like something fierce but a whole week not having to worry about changing anyone, feeding anyone, bathing anyone, getting anyone to sleep but myself?! Oh yes please! If I want to lay by the pool all day long drinking margaritas diet sprite all day...I can! If I don't want to get up until noon...that's ok too! Oh my...we haven't been on a Vacation that didn't unclude staying with my parents at their house since our honeymoon 7 years ago! I am so excited to enjoy some sun, drinks and A L O N E time with the hubs! My parents have told us, the only thing they want to do "have dinner together" Hey...fine with me!

After we get home from Mexico, the next month, Olivia and I are headed to Missouri to see my family and for my 10 year highschool reunion (OMG I am getting old!!) I am so excited to have a girls trip just Livvy and mommy before I start my year long internship! We are going to swim, play, catch fireflys and enjoy the special time spent with Nanny and Gogga! So exciting!

Well, thats all for now! Hope it is warm where you are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment