Sunday, April 3, 2011

7 Years!!!

Today (April 3) is Kevin and My 7th anniversary! 7 years!!!! We have been through a lot in the past 7 years, living on base, moving and driving from Missouri to Alaska, infertility and several big hills to overcome but we are still working on it and are so happy!

Let me tell you what this amazing husband of mine did for me today...actually, it all started a few months ago...
I have been drooling over wanting a new camera for a while now and finally looked at Costco and found a pretty good deal on a Nikon DSLR. I may have mentioned it to Kevin a few hundred times and he kept telling me it was impractical, I have two neighbors who are photographers, I didn't need that much of a camera...So, I saved my money and asked him if he would give me money towards the camera for our anniversary and my birthday (11 days after our anniversary). He never would agree to that and I still got the same response as before, I will remind you that he does a lot of wood working and has LOTS of expensive tools, what is a few hundred dollars towards a camera that I want?

OK, so last night, I was getting dinner ready, we were going to have steaks and I pulled them out of the freezer, thawed them out and was just getting ready to season them to put on the grill. They smelled horrible! I wasn't about to feed nasty meat to my family. Around that time, I heard the garage door open and Kevin was home, I opened the door to the garage and saw Kevin getting out of the truck with roses...I shut the door and yelled "I'M SORRY!!" He said, just don't open the door...I will come in, I have to hide something. He came inside and I said, "I'm sorry, I accidentally saw my anniversary gift" He said "What did you see?" I said "Roses" he got all upset, threw his hat on the floor and said "I can't ever get your anything nice and suprise you"...Now, I should let you know that I am not a huge fan of roses, just think they are too expensive for what you get, over rated I guess. Ok, back to the story...We decided to just grab a bite to eat since our planned dinner was ruined. I told Kevin I would head into Wasilla to get something. I headed out and called my neighbor Sam to tell her I had accidentally seen my anniversary gift, just then she says "Hang on, your home phone is beeping in..." I was thinking OK, Livvy got a hold of the phone and accidentally called Sam. Well, she was on the other line for a long time...I knew Kevin had something up his sleeve!

So last night we had a discussion about what I wanted for our anniversary, I told him again that I really just wanted money towards a camera. He told me it was impractical to give cash to your wife, in his exact words "I am not your Uncle"...point taken! So he told me that tomorrow (our anniversary) I could order the camera and just put the money I had saved up into the account. So today, I was up with Livvy and come back to bed, try to fall back to sleep and Kevin Says, "Good Morning!"...it was 6 A.M! I don't even think so! So he gets up and I turn on the TV because I just couldn't fall back to sleep. In comes Kevin with my roses and my anniversary card. "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!" He says! I turn the light on and notice that the roses are in a 2-liter pop bottle.

I asked Kevin why they were in a pop bottle, he said that was all he had, they were in a plastic sleeve thing and he didn't want them to dry out before he got them home so he found a bottle at work (The dump) and put them in there. I told him I have a vase, we can replace them.

Then upon further inspection, I notice that some of the roses are not very pretty, they are kind of falling apart, just not very pretty...how much did you spend on these flowers? 
He tells me that he thinks they would look best out on the table, I told him to put them out there so I could go get his gift, he insists that I go put them on the table...then I knew something was up! So I walked into the Kitchen and there is a box covered in a blanket...I thought "well, that's too big to be a camera!" I thought maybe it might be an embroidery machine, since I may have mentioned it once or twice. I pull off the blanket and there it was...a big yellow box with Nikon on the front!!


 I started bawling! I hugged him and just cried! Then he says, "did you see which one it was?" All I saw was Nikon, I didn't see anything else. It was the big kit...the kit with the camera bag, two lenses (one the standard lens, the other an ultra zoom) all kinds of how to DVDs! I was so excited! Then he tells me..."the roses were a ploy to make you mad because I know you don't like roses...I found them at work." OH MY GOODNESS! He found me roses in the dadgum dump!! I laughed so hard! He said everyone at work thought he was nuts for getting his wife flowers for their anniversary out of the garbage haha! Little did they know!
Oh and the reason he called Sam...was because the only camera the Costco he went to had was the floor model but he knew he had to have something, he wanted to see if she thought it was a good idea...which it isn't, so today we will head back into Anchorage and exchange out the floor model for a new one at the other Costco in town.

That man...he gets me every time! Thank you Jesus for giving him to me!!!!

Happy Anniversary Honey!! I LOVE YOU!!!

Here we were 7 years ago today! He has been home from Iraq for about 2 weeks, didn't even know if he was going to make it home ontime for our wedding, but he did!

Hope you enjoyed my gift and story as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment